Monday, June 7, 2010

I'm Home

So, I am back from my little trip.

It feels amazing to walk into my house, messy or not. It feels amazing to hold my son, although I feel like he has gained weight and grew two inches. He is now a little boy. It feels amazing to hug my husband and it does feel amazing to be missed.
My mom, step-dad, husband and son came to the airport to retrieve me. Griffin ran up to me bearing a half dozen roses. He was so excited. He clung right to me and started stroking my hair. He kept saying "I'm with Mommy now." We went to Macayo's for dinner. Then to my sister's house to give her a hug. She gave me flowers too.

I couldn't resist showing Jason most of my souvenirs, and we stayed up talking till midnight, even though he had to get up at 4 for work this morning. I woke up at 4 too. I have been getting in my computer time before Griffin wakes up, when a snugglefest is planned.

I'm gonna be so busy for a while. I will be babysitting my nephews on Monday and Tuesdays during the summer. I have to start tomorrow. And tomorrow is busy. I am supposed to be attending a funeral for a friend who died in a car accident last Sunday. I don't know if I can though, now, with all of the little boys in tow. I really want to be there for her, even though we weren't incredibly close, I feel it's the right thing to do. Also tomorrow is the neighborhood meet and greet, and I would like to attend. They are starting a women's Bunco group and I would like to check it out. I have no clue how to play Bunco, but I always hear about how much fun it is, plus I would really like to meet some new girls in the neighborhood.
Do you think I could bring 3 boys to the reception of a funeral? I am going to try. My heart is already broken for her and her family, and I feel a strong pull to attend the event, that the family has dubbed a 'Celebration.'

I do realize this post is very random, but that's the way it is at 6am, so oh well. I must end this saying that I had a really great time with some great friends in Doha, Qatar, and have re-awakened the fire in my friendship with my best friend, Lyssa. That sounded incredibly corny I know, but that's how it came to me just now. And I'm not in the mood for re-thinking my sentences and being a good writer. I apologize. But hey!! LOTS of posts coming soon about my trip. It was a good experience for me.
'Till Tuesday... (And I just share that I cannot say till Tuesday unless I also add, "Hush, hush, shut up now, voices carry...") Okay I'm done now (:

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Great to hear you had a blast and now home safely. I'm looking forward to upcoming posts & pictures.
My kids have been to 3 funerals before they were 3 & 5 years old. I usually bring quiet toys and snacks for them. I explained what was & is going to happen. I love "color wonder" and bring it to anything I want the kids to be quiet and still for.
My prayers & thoughts are with you and your friends' family.