Thursday, July 9, 2009

Closure

If you would like to, I encourage you to read Emily's obituary here.  I have recently joined a Facebook page for Emily celebrating her life. Someone (Leah Olinger) had posted a link on her page and she wrote a paragraph expressing her thoughts on the situation. She articulated it quite well and expressed everything that I have to say and have said. 

    Wishes there were something I could do for Emily’s family and/or children to minimize some of the intense agony & weight they are under. Despite the fact that Emily & I were only acquaintances, I cannot suppress my own emotions of heartache & dismay over such a horrendous catastrophe that claimed the life of such a beautiful person. I continue to pray that Emily’s family be blessed with serenity, courageousness, and peace of mind as they ease back into the hustle of their lives without the one they call their wife, daughter, mommy, sister, or friend. 
Please don't drink & drive or get into the car with anyone who has been drinking. 6,689 people have died from alcohol related car accidents THIS YEAR. Let's stop these appalling numbers & not let another friend become a statastic!! Please click this link & take this info to heart.....   

In lieu of flowers, Emily's family has asked for donations to the group MADD or Mothers Against Drunk Driving. It's an obvious thing to not drink and drive, but please make sure that you have that talk with your loved one, no one ever thinks it will happen to them. Drinking and driving is not only illegal, it is deadly. 

I found these two quotes and posted them on my Facebook. They speak the awful truth, but it's a way of coping. 
Although it's difficult today to see beyond the sorrow,
May looking back in memory help comfort you tomorrow.

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.


Now that an obituary has been posted for Emily, I feel as if it is closure on my part. Now it's real. I thought maybe still, please, that she would start breathing again, a miracle! But, I know in my heart that Emily is in Heaven. I still think of her at any given moment, and I am trying to live my life to the fullest for her. But, now, for now, it's over. Her battle is over and she can succumb to her Father in Heaven. 
Rest in peace Emily Anne Barham Buck. May 9th, 1984~July 3rd, 2009

*I am pleased to know that my in-laws Joel and Raeleen and their daughter Jessica will be attending the memorial on Monday. After all, they have known Emily practically all her life. They're the ones who introduced me to Emily and her wonderful siblings and children and I hope they can bring some comfort to the family at this very difficult time. 

No comments: