Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Diagnosis

Well I went to the doctor today. I just had to get in there. I feel like I'm  falling apart. I never know how to tell the doctor. Ya know, when she goes "So how are you?" I wanna say "I'm terrible, I want to cry this very second, I have pains and nightmares and nervousness and what do you mean anyway?" But instead I go "Fine." And then I feel stupid. Then I say "Well, um, I guess I have a plethora of things bothering me...uh, uh, I'm sorry to bother you with my lameness." But it was a long time coming. Here's the 411.
* I have Plantar Fasciitis which is a feet condition. I have been walking like an old lady for some time now and every time any kind of Ow escaped my mouth someone in the room would say "Would you see a doctor already!" Turns out I have to stop wearing flip flops exclusively (waaaaaaaaah!) have to ice my feet, stretch and exercise. I was hoping maybe she could give me a magical pill or something but apparently there is not one. Hmph. 
* She gave me a prescription for Celexa to replace my Prozac. We'll see if it can ease my anxiety a little better.
* And I did tell her about my night terrors. She said it's best I talk to someone, you know like a professional someone. Like a shrink. Whatever works. 
I need to start living again.

2 comments:

Lyssa said...

No more flip flops? What are you going to do? I'm glad you went to the doctor. I hope the Celexa works.

tiburon said...

EEK! Plantar fascitis is very painful I have heard! I hope it heals quickly!

And I LOVE the new layout!!