Monday, December 15, 2008

12 hours later and we are in 'home' again


I guess I never wrote about our move back to Arizona. It went a lot smoother than when we moved to Utah, but we had an idea this time of what we should do. We were going to leave on Monday, Dec. 1st, but it seemed like a better idea to get a good night's rest and leave on Tuesday. A couple of days prior to Tuesday, Jason and I went out truck shopping. See, we only have one car, and it's paid off so that's nice, but we really wanted another car, and mostly Jason had his heart set on a truck. I can't say it's a totally bad idea, because trucks are very useful. I can't tell you how annoying it is to have to borrow other people's trucks from time to time. And if you move every stinkin' year like we do, then you get the gist. Also, we were able to move all of our stuff from Utah and tow the the car, and saved us from having to rent a moving truck, because they can be pricey and we don't have all that much stuff anyway. (All of our big items like couch, table, etc are in storage in AZ, for our move to Utah, all we brought was boxes, the crib, changing table and rocking chair). Also, as many of you know, Jason's line of work is construction, and trucks also come in very handy there. So we found a beauty. Our new truck is  a used 2008 Dodge Ram with only 9200 miles! (well not anymore...) and it was only around $17,000. We had to do it and I am so glad we did. We left around 9:30am and got to my mom's house around 10pm. It was a good trip. We stopped a couple of times to change diapers and let Griffin run around, but for the most part we (Jason) just drove and drove.  Here are some pics:


A tradition in our family is to honk when we pull out of the driveway of our Grandma's house. So I made Jason back track a little and go up past her house so we could honk. This is the pic that I got as we were driving past. She is in the window waving.
Jason thrilled to be driving his new truck. 
Our last goodbyes. This is Jason's parents and his little brother Ryan. While Jason's other siblings were in and out throughout the summer, this was the family that permanently lived there and so the family that I got really close to while we lived there.
And here is our new truck all packed and ready to go with my car following. The cars are posing in front of our home in Provo, which we had to let go of.

Even though our time in Utah has ended, I am very happy to be back home in Phoenix. BUT we had a very awesome summer there and I will never forget how much fun I had. I also got pretty close with my M-I-L Raeleen, and that's something that can't be replaced. So long Provo, I will miss your beautiful mountains, but I'll pass on the snow!

No comments: