Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Alexander Lake


This past weekend, Jason and I went to the Uintas on Friday afternoon and stayed until Saturday afternoon. We would have liked to have stayed Friday and Saturday, but alas, as the only couple there with kids, we didn't have a babysitter for both nights. However, I missed Griffin so bad and I was very glad to be able to come home and play with him and take a shower. 
We stayed in a campsite right beside the nicest lake named Alexander Lake (from what I hear, there are a lot of lakes around that area, the most popular being Mirror Lake). The water was very warm and it was beautiful. We went with Jason's brother Nick, and friends, Mikey and his girlfriend Andrea, Drew, and Tyler. We had a really great time. Here is the evidence: 
We made lots of s'mores. And Jason burned his hand a little trying to help Nick with his. 

The roaring fire. Ha! It was far from roaring. In fact, it was colder because people kept getting hungry all night, so we had to keep the fire small to cook. 
The view of the lake from our campfire.
Here I am on day two. For camping, no mirror, no running water, brush, or any of that, I think I look pretty good. (:
Another view of the lake through the trees.
Jason getting ready, puttin' on his boots. There was NO WAY our car would have made it up to our campsite, so Nick came and picked us up when we got close. It was THE rockiest road ever, I have never ever bounced around like that. 
The sunset was awesome that night. Right at the shore was this double log that was a great seat we could all sit on and watch the lake.
Here is Nick and Mikey in the kayak that Mikey brought. He rented it for just $25 and it was pretty cool. I had never been in one and I was apprehensive at first, but I'm so glad I went out.
We had to cuddle up that night 'cause it was freezing! I had on like 4 layers. But, sitting around the fire was nice.


Jason and I decided that we definitely need to go up there again before the summer is over so we can spend more than one night there. Next time we will bring Griffin, and hopefully by then he will be walking. I know, everyone tells me that I don't want him to walk, but truthfully, I do! He is heavy! The boy weighs 28 pounds, you think lugging him around everywhere is desirable? It's not! And, how much more fun would it be if we took him camping with us when he can walk? I think that sounds far more better. Now, if only we could get him to sleep comfortably in a tent. 

1 comment:

Kelly Mae said...

You are beautiful!