Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Regular Ordinary-ness, to Sum It Up

Sigh.

We just found out tonight that my Mother-in-law, one of the sweetest Moms around, has colon cancer. I am trying to be optimistic about it, and she is as well, but it still is a sad thing to think about. We don't know details yet, but hopefully it won't be too much of a nuisance, and it will be small, just a tiny procedure, and she will live happily ever after.

And.... we have no TV. I haven't had my cell phone for months now. Those are two things that I miss a lot!! Just had to say, I miss you TV! I want my HGTV back.

By the way, where are we going to live in June when our lease is up? That is the question of the hour. And it consumes us because we just don't know, and won't know unitl the day comes we have to move out. Keep your fingers crossed, please.

On happy note, we had a wonderful weekend. It was Jason's birthday on Sunday, so we started celebrating on Friday. My Mom took Griffin the whole weekend. On Friday we hung out, ate at Chilis and went to bed early. Saturday daytime, Jason had to work. I had taken some mighty codeine cough syrup the night before and I slept til 1:30 p.m. It was grand. I had been very sick, so it felt great to catch up on my zzzzzs that were severly missed by my being sick and Griffin waking up coughing all night. Saturday night we had a date night. First Jason made his famous (around here) cheese enchiladas and tacos. Then we went Miniature Golfing. We rented a movie and called it a night around 1am. Sunday, my Mom dropped Griffin off and we went to the Desert Botanical Garden in Phoenix. I had only been there once at night time, and Jason of course has never been. It was a perfect day to take a walk in the desert. It was actually, quite nice because it was just warm, but with a very cool breeze. We saw all the many desert plants and cacti that Arizona has to offer and best of all they were having a butterfly exhibit that was awesome. I loved it. The butterflies were everywhere! We stayed about 2 hours then joined my family at my Mom's house for dinner. Everyone that could be were there, and that was great. My Mom made steak and potato salad, and she bought carrot cake and a miniature cherry pie for Jason. He recieved a gift card from Texas Roadhouse from my Mom and Outback from my sister. Yay for eating out!

Anyway, I know I complain, but I really do not mean to be silly. I had a day off today, but its back to the kiddos tomorrow, and even though I have to be there by 6:30am, I am still looking forward to it. They may be spoiled little guys, but I love them dearly and I am very blessed to get paid for hanging with them all day.

No comments: