Saturday, August 14, 2010

What's up?

Relaxing pool side
Playing with our friend Austin at Chandler Mall
My big boy
The three amigos! Griffin, Cody and Conner
Jaxon Asay Golding 07/26

It seems like this summer, we have been really busy, in a good way. I've really become good friends with the gals that live in our cul-de-sac. We have a play date once a week, which is really nice. One nice couple and their kiddos recently moved from Maricopa to Chandler and we have been missing them, but luckily I go to Chandler enough that I still feel like we will be close friends. Over the summer, I babysat my nephews Cody and Conner every Monday all day and a couple of Tuesdays too. It was good to be able to spend some alone time with them, I am very close with them and like to know what is their favorite shows, toys, food, etc and keep up to date with them. They just started 2nd grade at a new school this year in Tempe. I really can't believe they are going to Elementary school sometimes, it blows my mind that they can read and write. They are really into playing video games on their Nintendo DSi, and on the Wii. They love Sonic a lot and watch the cartoon. They are excellent swimmers now and you don't have to get in with them. Cody LOVES garlic bread and eats it every day. Conner LOVES V8 juice and he downs it! They are pretty good with Griffin, and he loves to see them. We went to San Diego last weekend with my whole family and that was QUITE nice. Pics to come. Today, my friend Lyssa is driving from California with her husband and son to stay with us for a couple of days. They go back to Qatar this month, so I am SO happy that I will be able to see them again. I can't wait for Christian and Griffin to play together. Then next weekend we are going back to San Diego to stay in the beach house with Jason's family and I couldn't be more excited because I get to meet our NEW nephew! Jason's little sister Jessica had her baby boy on July 26th. His name is Jaxon (pronounced Jackson). She sends me cell phone pictures all the time, but I want to HOLD him!! I am so excited. I'm also baby hungry, if you couldn't tell. But anyway... next month is my birthday, and I can't figure out what I want exactly. But I think I want printer ink so that I can print coupons off the internet! Funny huh. Yeah...well that's what old, boring, married people do...think about more ways to save money. Hehe. I hope you all are having a great summer/back to school time. One day, I'll finish my Qatar trip story. Just gotta get it out on paper first.

1 comment:

Audrey Crisp said...

Sounds like a fun summer! Ink is something I'd ask for too! Haha!!! I guess we are getting old! Do you getbthebAunday paper? If not, you should order it. It's only like .75 cents per week and it has all those coupons in it! ; )