Thursday, December 10, 2009

Thankful Thursday

1. The gym
I've never been an avid exerciser. But now I go to the gym with my mom and I actually look forward to it. I'm not always crazy about it and I wish it were closer (like everything else it seems) but I do go and I always try my best.
2. Living close to family
I don't really know how anyone does it. I mean sure, it would be fun to venture out and live somewhere like New York or Colorado or something, but I'm just not sure I can do that. I love living close to family and I complain that it takes at least 30 minutes to get to their houses. I need them around me, they make me a better person and they (my mom and sister and their respective families) LOVE my son and make him feel loved and he likes to be around them so I'm so glad for them.
3. Jet Dry
Used it for the first time 2 weeks ago and my dishwasher gobbled it up for it's own Thanksgiving feast and now he (the dishwasher) feels better than ever and our dishes are shiny once again. Thanks Mom!
4. Soaking Bath Tubs
It's been about 9 months since we have lived here and 2 weeks ago Jason fixed my tub in the master bathroom and for the first time, I have been using it. I have been taking a bath nearly every night. It really relaxes me before bedtime and I need help falling asleep. Also, my tub is a soaking tub-meaning it's more of an oval shape and therefore roomier. I was taking baths in the hall bathroom but it's so tiny that my legs hardly fit. It' s the perfect size for kids not adults. Anyway, I love my tub! And I love bubble bath and all that kind of stuff too. Now, I just need a tub pillow. (:
5. Diet Coke
This is going to sound weird coming from me (I DON'T like diet soda) but my in-laws left a 12 pack of Diet Coke in our house so I have been drinking it. Don't get me wrong, every couple of sips, I still think to myself "This stuff is so gross!" but I will admit that it did give me a decent amount of energy that I am usually lacking. And with my addiction to soda, it may not be a bad idea to start consuming the diet variety. Also, Diet Coke makes my family happy. My sister, my mom, and my step-father are all addicted to it.
6. Movies (such as)
Planes, Trains and Automobiles, Christmas Vacation, Christmas with the Kranks, Miracle on 34th Street, It's a Wonderful Life, Elf, Small One, A Christmas Story, The Muppet Family Christmas..... I could go on....but these are some that make MY Holiday season a little brighter.

1 comment:

Audrey Crisp said...

You can definitely have those pics. I'm glad that liked the pics! Great Thankful list!