Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Whaaaaaa??!!





Okay, so this last weekend, Jason, Griffin and I went camping. We went to Joe's Valley near Emery County (it may even be in Emery County, but I can't be sure). We met a lot of my relatives there. We used to be very close to the cousins on my mom's side, but since we moved to Arizona, it has been few and far between that we have seen them. I was excited because there were going to be a lot of their kids that I either have never seen or haven't seen in a long time. Anyway, I won't bore you with the details of the camping trip, because we only stayed one night and it wasn't anything too exciting. BUT I was very happy just to be spending time with my family.

So, we are all sitting around the campfire and of course everyone is drinking. I did not have a drink, so everyone kept asking me what I wanted. The problem was, that everything they were drinking did not look desirable to me at all. I don't drink beer. I don't drink whiskey, or rum or anything not clear. They even offered me a bloody mary, but I don't think I like tomato juice. My cousin, Kasey says to me "Well, you might like a Chico." What's that? "Beer, Clamato, something, something...." Wait, wait back up. Clamato? "Yes, its clam juice mixed with tomato juice. But you can't really taste the clam." Huh? Clam juice?

Okay, I'm glad, despite their efforts to peer pressure me into drinking what they had, I'm glad that she mentioned this product. Forever, I have seen Clamato on the shelves. I have seen it listed. But, silly me, I thought it was just a brand name of tomato juice like v8 or something. CLAM JUICE! WHO, WHO invented that drink? WHO says one day hmmm....I think I'll mix me up some clam juice and maybe add a little tomato juice just for fun. What?!?! Am I hearing this correctly? Am I overreacting?
Clam juice. It's just wrong people.

Needless to say, I did not go with the Chico.

1 comment:

Dave said...

ew ew. I thought the same thing. Now that I know, gross.

Lyssa