Thursday, July 10, 2008

Excuse Me?



I saw this sticker on the back of presumably some man's truck when I was driving home this morning.

Okay, I'm not trying to rag on anyone's hobby or job, but when your favorite thing to do is kill an animal and put their remains up for decor in your home or where ever, it starts to concern me a bit especially if you call yourself a "rackaholic." That word entails a hefty meaning, and I'm not sure that it is being used correctly even if it is a joke. It just creeps me out a little bit.

I know what you're thinking, that I hate hunting and its because I'm a vegetarian. On the contrary, people. I grew up in Utah, I grew up with men around me, and I know what hunting is all about. I'm not knocking it, I realize its a sport, but this decal, it just surprised me, that's all. Surely I am not the only one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Blair is a pretty intense hunter but these things kind of bug us too. Blair just thinks they're lame, but they bother me because I think when you start having stickers and stuff like this one, hunting turns to murder. I know, I'm not with PETA or anything, but I know what you mean. I saw a hat one time that said, "Duck Slayer" on it. I thought it was awful.