Friday, June 20, 2008

CDS

- What high school did you go to? Corona del Sol
- What was your school mascot? Aztec
- What were your school colors? Burnt Orange and Gold
- Did you have school spirit? At first no, but then I started getting more into it.
- Did you drive to school or ride the bus? I got a ride.
- What kind of car did you drive? I didn't have a car or a driver's license.
- Did you ever skip? Only once and I felt horribly guilty. I had tricked my ceramics teacher into letting me out of class and then I felt super bad because he was so nice. See at our school, it was next to impossible to ditch because there were security guards at every gate you could get out of. Yes, the whole school was gated.
- If so, where did you go on skip days? I went to my friend's house.
- Ever have detention? Yes, for Mr. Wehrli.
- For what? If you came in late, or didn't complete a assignment, you got detention.
- What did you think of freshman year? I was excited to go to High School, but nervous because I heard that people often got "canned."
- Was lunchtime fun? Yeah, it was okay, that is if you got the lunch hours with your friends. We had two periods for lunch, and only one year did I get a lunch with my best friend.
- Did you normally eat school lunch or bag lunch? School lunch. They had every junk food you can imagine. We had a closed campus for lunch unless you were a senior, so I think they tried to imitate what we would have eaten if we could have gone out.
- Were you ever part of a food fight? No. Thank goodness.
- Did you attend the pep rallies? They were mandatory. They held them during a class period and your teacher would even take roll. You weren't allowed to sit with friends.
- Did you have a crush on anyone? On many boys. The question is, who didn't I have a crush on? And we had nicknames for them all too.
- Were you bullied by anyone? Nope.
- Did you play any sports? Hahahahahahahahaha!!
- Did you go to all the football games? Yes I did, sophomore and junior year. My friend Lindsay and I were very devoted to the football players.
- Were you friends with the cheerleaders? Not really.
- Were you considered popular? I had friends in every group.
- Did you run for Homecoming or Prom King/Queen? No one technically "ran", you were just voted in. And was I? Hell no.
- Did you win any awards or superlatives? I got an award at a regional DECA competition Junior year, and then an award at State too. That's all I can think of!
- Were you involved in any clubs? DECA, The Orange Crush Club (OCC), and Earth Space Science (you were in the club just by being in the class).
- What was your favorite subject? English.
- Who was your favorite teacher? Mr. Wehrli, I suppose. And I also liked Mr. Andre (the ceramics guy).
- Who was your least favorite teacher? My photography teacher. I can't remember her name. I did not like her very much. She was kind of shrewd.
- Who did you hang out with? Freshman year: Lindsey, Brittany, and that group. Soph: Lindsay and Brittany. Junior: Lindsay, Katie, and Brittany. Senior: Brittany, Katie and Sassy.
- Were you part of a clique? No.
- Did you hang out with mostly guys or girls? Girls.
- Was there anyone you absolutely could not stand? Yes. Sophomore year these two girls decided they hated Lindsay and I, likely because we hung out with one of their boyfriends who went to a different school and were older than us. We didn't know they were involved, but then he started talking bad about her. I still don't quite understand it. I didn't do anything, not even flirt. But, after that I didn't quite like that girl because she was really hasty towards me.
- Who were you dating? I didn't really date in high school. I hung out with people who were older than me, and I didn't really get into the whole boyfriend thing in high school. Plus, I wasn't really allowed and I was extremely shy.
- What year did you graduate? 2001
- Where were the parties held? Pecos. It was different back then, but now Pecos Rd is all built up and in fact I just moved out of an apartment there. And we went to a lot of house and hotel parties.
- Who threw the best parties? The popular kids. For some reason, they always had alcohol there, and lets face it, the best parties were the ones with alcohol (even if you didn't drink).
- Did you drink? Yes.
- Did you smoke? No.
- Aside from school, what were your weekends or evenings like? I hung out with Brittany and Lindsay a lot Sophomore and Junior year, Lindsay and I were attatched at the hip. Senior year, I hung out with my sister at Chopstixx and her friends. They were all at least 3-5 years older than me and I loved the attention. It was a bar, but they let me stay because I didn't act immature. I didn't drink, but I loved being there.
- What is one of the best memories you have of high school? Going to the football games with Lindsay and dressing up in yellow and orange, going to the Bonfire, any dance, and Prom was pretty good too. Graduation was good, oh and 10th grade Biology, that was the best class ever.
- What is one of the best high school party memories you have? Prom.
- Do you miss being in high school? Sometimes. It was a pretty good time for me. Yes, there were times that were very bad (funerals...), but overall, I think I had a good experience.
- Did you ever fail a class or grade? Yes. I failed Chem-Physics and Algebra. Sad, huh? Freshman year, I hung out with some people that just didn't encourage me, and I fell behind. I had to take summer school and I quickly learned my lesson.
- What grade was the most fun? Junior. Lindsay and I had some great, and wacky times.
- If you could, would you do it all again? Yes, but only knowing what I know now.

No comments: