Sunday, February 24, 2008

I'm Going to Be Very Tired Tomorrow, But It's Worth It Right?

10 Years ago...
I was 15. I was a freshman at Corona del Sol High and I was a silly girl. I hung out with the "skaters" and I tried to dress like them too. I told myself and others that I hated "preppies." What?? What I really hated was stuck up juniors and seniors, but apparently that was the preferred slang. I didn't skate, I didn't smoke pot, and I certaintly didn't act like that at home. But, a lot of my really good friendships grew from that group, some I still talk to today. I acted like I was tough, but truth be told I never got in to trouble at school, and I was really shy too. I do, however, remember that I did really bad in Chem Physics and Pre-Algebra. I excelled in English and Spanish. And I took a Child Development class in which I had to take home a Baby Think-It-Over for two days. It was a boy and I named him Bradley James. The same name as the former lead singer of Sublime. Coincidence?

Five things I would do if I was a billionaire. . .


1.
Buy a house for me, my sister and my parents on all sides. My house though of course would be my dream home.
2. I would seriously go to the dentist, the dermatologist, you know the works, and perfectify myself, sans plastic surgery. But I cannot lie, I do have one procedure in mind, and not for reasons that you might think. But I just think I'm too chicken.
3. Set up accounts for my children to go to college, get a car, move out, etc. Be spoiled rotten.
4. I would most definitely donate. Then I would never have to buy address labels ever again! (:
5. Go on a shopping spree, daily.

Three Bad Habits

1. I like to buy drinks from Starbucks and bagels from Einstein's, and these are really just expensive versions of the same thing at grocery stores. Basically, I love eating out.
2. I hardly ever cook dinner. Jason probably cooks more than I do and not because he likes it necessarily, but becuase he likes to eat dinner at home.
3. I don't drink enough water. I do drink enough Pepsi and Gatorade though.
4. I don't clean up after myself very good.
5. I let Griffin watch Baby Einstein (or something related) up to two times a day and when I nanny my nephews, I rely on TV most of the time. Bad bad.

Five Places I Have Lived
1. Provo, Utah
2. Orem, Utah
3. Tempe, Arizona
4. Chandler, Arizona
5. Still Chandler (I can't make this unbold)

Five Books I Have Read (I haven't had 5 jobs...)
1. "She's Come Undone" by Wally Lamb. Very graphic, but very human.
2. "The Pilot's Wife" by Anita Shreve. Sad, but in an enlightening way.
3. "I Don't Know How She Does It" by Allison Pearson. A warm read about a Mom who struggles with balancing a family and a full-time, very demanding job.
4. The "Gossip Girl" Series. More than five, but I couldn't pick just one. It's a guilty pleasure of mine.
5. "Brave New World" by Aldous Huxley. I read it for a book report in high school and I really enjoyed it. I need to read it again.

Five Things You May Not Know About Me
1. I love music and really wish that I could read it, play it or even sing decently. It would be a dream come true. I go to my friend's house and play Rock Band and I just sing my heart out. We turn the vocals down though you know, wouldn't want to scare anyone. I really want a piano. Old or new, just to have.
2. I love taking bubble baths. I love to read in the tub, but not so much get clean.
3. Speaking of reading, I have at least ten magazine subscriptions. We recieve National Geographic, Reader's Digest, Family Fun, Baby Talk, Harper's Bazaar and many more. I love reading magazines for a quickie and I love Us Weekly too. Also, I always have to be reading something while I eat whether it be the side of ketchup bottle or the newspaper.
4. I'm very jealous of my friend's college education. I know I can do it too, but I am having a hard time actually doing it. What I am most envious of is that many of my friends went to college, stayed in dorms, apartments, got new cars, etc etc and their parents paid for it all. This is really great for them, except when they graduated they ended up hating their profession and moving on to a different job not in their field at all and saying that they still do way better than I ever will because they have a degree. It eats me up.
5. I have a horrible, rotten, no good anxiety problem. I am very paranoid all the time about anything dangerous, I am constantly worrying about someone or some freak accident happening. That is actually why I am up at an ungodly hour. I worry so much about Griffin sleeping that I feel the need to stare at him all night. Its not healthy, but we're working on it.


And seriously, I can't get this to not be bold in some places. Haha. I'm still learning.

No comments: