Wednesday, October 15, 2008

My Childhood Faves

I always wanted to listen to The California Raisins. I would beg to listen to the tape in the car. It dawned on me years later the irony of the song, "I Heard It Through The Grapevine." Yeah, seriously. I also tried to collect all the figurines at Hardee's. 
Baby Alive. I loved playing "babies" with my friend Becca, and Baby Alive was awesome. I mean she even peed the water-I mean milk-that you fed her.
It was a treat and a half to go to Lagoon for the day. I haven't been there in like 15 years.
Good ol' Teddy Ruxpin. I hear they are bringing him back this year. (!)
My sister and I could always agree on All Dogs Go To Heaven.
Whenever my Grandma Mae wanted to play a game with me, I chose Chutes and Ladders.
My mom would bundle us up and take us to the drive-in movies some nights.
I was all about the hair bows matching my every outfit and I remember thinking that these ones made from shoelaces were so cool!
"Euuuuureeeeeka....Eureeka's Castle." I loved this T.V show. I watched it after school.
I coveted the orange flavor of SqueezIts. It wasn't your average Kool-Aid Kool Burst, for some reason they were much better than those.

I watched my sister and my cousin play this for hours on the Nintendo. I sucked. Probably because my sister who is 5 years older than me, never let me play! (jk Kelly)
British Knights shoes. If you were cool, you wore these and L.A. Gear too.
I really enjoyed watching this with my Grandpa June.  It was the one show (besides the classic Price is Right) where I didn't almost die of boredom. 
When I was little, my Dad owned a video rental shop in his small town (Helper, UT) and every time we came to visit, he would let us pick out any movie to watch. I picked An American Tail every time. I loved it and I still do. I especially like when they sing "Somewhere Out There." in their little mice-y voices. Who doesn't? (: 

2 comments:

Jamilyn said...

I LOVED All Dogs go to Heaven!! I bought it for Bailee on DVD so that she could love it too!!

And Squeezit....YUM!

Lyssa said...

Oh wow that just brought back a ton of memories! I can't even begin to count the number of SqueezIts we drank at your grandma's house and those shoelace hair bows, I totally remember how awesome those were!